At North Devon Physio you will be given a thorough assessment of your injury and its impact on your lifestyle. We the can diagnose the damaged tissues and explain the cause.
Often muscle imbalance and altered biomechanics contribute to the cause soft tissue injuries
Immediate treatment and advice on self-management and exercises suited to your specific injury and stage of recovery will optimise healing and speed up your recovery minimising time off work or sport.
Further treatments and exercises for your injury and its cause will be tailor-made for your progressive rehabilitation and suited to your specific needs.
We aim to ensure that you regain full fitness with optimum movement dynamics to prevent recurrence and to enhance performance.
Many of our competitive patients from all age groups have exceled in their sport after their treatments with us.
Listed are some of the injuries we treat;
- Muscle strains, tears e.g. hamstring tears or thigh strain, calf muscle tears
- Ligament sprains and rupture Joint sprains e.g. Ankle sprain, wrist sprain, finger sprain, knee sprain, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) posterior cruciate (PCL) and medial collateral (MCL) and lateral collateral (LCL) ligament in the knee
- Tendonitis, and tendon ruptures e.g. Achilles tendonitis, patellar tendonitis, Ozgood schlaters syndrome, ‘housemaids’ knee, ‘tennis’ elbow and ‘golfers’ elbow, ‘cyclists’ knee
- Acute Back pain e.g. disc prolapse, facet joint sprain, acute muscle spasms, chest pains
- Cartilage injury e.g. Knee meniscus tears, degenerative joint surfaces
- Strained or restricted nerves e.g. sciatica, line pain, tight strings pain, burning pain, arm tension or restricted movement,’ frozen’ shoulder, deep muscle tensions.
- Anterior Knee pain, lateral tracking or subluxed knee cap, runners’ knee, ITB syndrome
- Foot pain, e.g. Heel pain, plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder pain e.g. dislocation, impingement, tendon tears, instability due to hypermobility and functional instability due to muscle imbalance common in young athletes
- Soft tissue bruising
- Sports injuries
- Symphysis pubic syndrome and other pelvic disorders, often pregnancy related sprains and strains
- Groin strain
- Neck pain or stiffness, torticollis, whiplash
- Acute headaches
At North Devon Physio we have extensive knowledge and experience treating and managing acute injuries from day 1 of injury! So, if you are injured call us immediately for advice and an appointment.01271 815912